The next Chef’s Knife Making Class begins next Thursday, July 24th!!! This session will be 5 Thursdays, 6-8pm and includes the cost of materials. Class maxes out at 5 people so sign up quick!!!
ALSO!!! The Artscape Special – learn to craft a WOODEN HULA HOOP!! Yes!! Solid Wood! This is a super fun 1-Day workshop where you leave with a solid wood, gliterrized, and painted wooden hula hoop. Check us out at Artscape this weekend and give one a whirl! No pun…
More Safety Classes added for Summer!!!
You must take this class to work in our Open Shop, so sign up today!!!
CLASS: Build a Planter Box in 1 SATURDAY!
Learn to work in our wood shop and familiarize yourself with common machinery and techniques to build your own “Rustic Modern” planter box! …. for flowers! for veggies! for storage! These babies are over $100 at any garden center. Take this class, make your own, make it awesome, and then come back during Open Shop and make more!
- Saturday June 14th
- 9am- 11am - Safety Class exclusively for participants
- 11am – 12pm – Lunch* BYO and design discussion
- 12pm – 5pm - Layout and construction, finishing techniques, complete your box, and learn planting and installation tips!
- Private Safety Class – a $25 value
- Small student:teacher ratio – $200 value
- Materials for 1 Planter Box – $35 value
- Planting Best Practices – Priceless!
- FREE access to Open Shop Hours upon completion – AWESOME!
*round out this experience by attending a FREE workshop on Raised Bed Building by CGRN on Wednesday June 18th, 6-8pm. Apply what you learn!
Why invest in big box store, hum drum designs that are nearly twice the cost????
No offense Home Depot, but seriously……
Posted in classes, Uncategorized
Tagged bed, box, classes, community, container, diy, gardening, planter, public, raised, shop, station north, tool library, wood, workshop
Want to try your hand at raised bed gardening?
Wednesday June 18th
Oliver St. + Barclay
Come to the Tool Library @417 E Oliver St – our demonstration plot in the garden across the street is where the Community Greening Resource Network will be showing us how to construct raised beds (yes, you will be constructing one) and best practices for planting!
While this is a free event, a $5 donation towards materials is always appreciated if you can swing it!
Don’t worry, we’ll make it fun….
Mandatory Safety Class – for those interested in using the Public Workshop’s Open Shop hours.
Here are the details:
- $25 for the 2- hour class
- Gain confidence in a full wood-working shop!
- FREE to use the shop during Open Shop time!
- Click HERE for dates